Here are some of the best skin care tips to get your summer off to a good start.
1. One of the best pieces of skin care advice is to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. It's a simple shift that you can make in your daily routine which will help your skin look healthier and eliminate toxins within your body.
2. Exfoliate as part of your skin care regime. A buildup of dead skin cells can clog up your pores and leave your skin looking unhealthy.
3. Eat a diet rich in antioxidants, as it will help give your skin a healthy glow.
4. Start the day with a glass of warm water with added lemon juice to boost your vitamin C.
5. Cleanse your skin morning and night. Bacteria can quickly build up on the surface of the skin causing pimples and blackheads.
6. Moisturise your skin both in the morning and last thing at night. Söndskin's Midnight Feast night cream is rich in natural, organic ingredients and ideal for dry sensitive skin.
7. Wear high factor sunscreen and apply regularly. Experts say that sunscreen should be used all year round and not just during the months of summer. Your skin is still exposed to the sun's radiation during the winter.
8. Take a cold shower as it boosts circulation, and tightens the pores.
9. Mist your face with cold water during the day to keep it hydrated.
10. Use a mild soap. Harsh soaps strip the natural oils from your skin leaving it feeling dry.
11. Wear sunglasses. The sun is not only damaging to the eyes, but can cause sensitive skin around the eye to wrinkle.
12. Wear a hat. It will help protect your hair and face from the harsh elements of the sun.
13. Get plenty of sleep. Lack of sleep is bad for the skin creating dark circles under the eyes.
14. Stop smoking or being around smokers as it can cause a sallow complexion and premature aging of the skin.
15. Avoid alcohol as it enlarges pores as well as increases production of oils.
16. Take time to relax and unwind. Stress is very damaging, resulting in dry, aging skin.
17. Drink green tea as it's packed with catechins, a powerful antioxidant
18. Take a daily brisk walk to boost circulation. Your skin will look fresh and glowing.
19. Use clean makeup brushes to remove bacteria and prevent skin infections
20. Eat oily fish once or twice a week for healthy skin as it's rich in essential fatty acids.
By following these tips for healthy skin, you can experience a natural glow this summer.
This article is not meant to treat or diagnose. Please visit your doctor for advice about any health concerns you may have.