Does caring for your Eczema prone skin frustrate you? Do you feel like you've tried everything that you can to make your Eczema go away?
With up to 15 Million people in the UK suffering from Eczema you’re not alone.
In this article we’re going to share our top 5 tips for caring for your sensitive skin, with the products we most recommend to care for it.
1. Avoid Common Eczema Triggers
Eczema can be triggered by multiple factors, avoiding these will help keep the skin calm.
The most common triggers which should be avoided are:
- Avoid scratching your skin as this can aggravate and damage the skin barrier making it more likely to get infected.
- Stress as the stress hormones released can play havoc with our bodies which can trigger an eczema flare up.
- Clothes made of rough or scratchy material can irritate eczema causing further damage to the skin.
- Pollen can cause eczema to flare up.
- High temperatures can make our blood vessels in the skin to dilate and can attract inflammatory cells to the skin.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight as eczema can thrive when exposed to it.
2. How to Care For Excema
Eczema prone skin is very sensitive so it should be strengthened any way possible. To help your skin stay at it’s best health try introducing the following.
- If you have a breakout use a wet wrap to help keep the skin moisturised.
- Use a detergent/fabric softener that won’t irritate your skin. Two products to consider are ‘Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent’ and ‘Purex Natural Elements Laundry’.
- Use a mild soap and non-soap cleanser. Soaps with alcohol and strong fragrances can remove the natural oils from our skin making it increasingly dry.
3. Find The Cause to Your Eczema
There are a number of things that can cause eczema so each individual needs to find what the underlying cause is for them. Bellow are common causes to eczema which might help you identify what may be causing it for you.
- Eczema can be triggered by an allergic response to food. If we eat a food that the body can’t tolerate the allergenic substances can work their way to the skin where they can cause a reaction. Read more about healthy nutrition for the skin here and you can download our allergy free recipe book here.
- Hormones are chemicals produced by the body and when there is an imbalance it can affect our skin. 30% of women find their eczema flares up in the days before their period.
- Chronic stress can cause eczema as the stress hormones released can play havoc with our bodies. Take the time to monitor your stress levels. If you feel stress levels are too high start doing a daily meditation which will help you reduce them.
4. Skincare For Eczema
When choosing your skincare products look for ones that are alkaline based. Creating an alkaline environment will help improve the health of the cells allowing them to carry out their required functions. All Sönd products are formulated to help the skin maintain an alkaline environment, find out more here.
Silica is also a beneficial ingredient for eczema. Silica strengthens the connective tissue improving the skins barrier reducing the chances of infection from external elements.
Remember that the best cream for eczema will be able to lock in moisture effectively. Read more about creating a good skincare routine here. More information on products suitable for eczema can be seen here.
“I absolutely love the Sönd range, I’m so pleased I found it! What I love about this range is that it continues working throughout the day, my skin never feels tight or dry and I find that my make up stays put and looks better for longer. My skin has changed hugely since using the products, it never looks dry or scaly."
"From the very first time I tried the Sönd range I noticed a difference, my skin felt soft and hydrated and it immediately calmed the redness of my breakout. My skin was hydrated and radiant throughout the day, and I noticed my makeup applied better! Within the first week my skin cleared up and I was just left with the odd pimple."
5. Take a Holistic Approach to Skincare
It is important to remember that the skin is an organ like any other in our bodies and it requires holistic care. Living a healthy life with a good diet, getting enough sleep and minimising stress levels will help improve the health of skin.
Article: How Your Lifestyle Affects Your Skin
So there you have our top 5 ways to care for Eczema prone skin. To learn more about our products suitable for eczema prone skin click here. Use our first-time buyer discount with 10% off using promo code welcome10.
Is your skin misbehaving? Are you looking to get clear healthy looking skin?
At Sönd, our mission is to help people feel good about their skin.
We believe that our bodies (and our cells) are healthiest in an alkaline state, and our skincare products work to keep our skin cells in their natural pH range, where they can function at their best. Our range consists of 5 products providing a simple and effective skincare routine.
what customers have to say
Acne - Natalie
"Within four weeks my skin had changed soo much!! No more bad cystic acne, the scarring was going, there was no dry skin or psorasis.
I actually feel comfortable going out without makeup now, which I hadn't felt that way for over 10 years!" - Natalie
"My skin felt good from day one. It felt smoother, less irritated and hydrated all day. My redness is much reduced. No irritation and no break outs!
My skin feels better than it has done in many, many years and I love my skin again. I am sold on Sond!" - Suzanne
"What I love about this range is that it continues working throughout the day, my skin never feels tight or dry.
My skin has changed hugely since using the products. My skin looks brighter and younger." - Paula
"When I look at my rosacea it seems to have calmed down which makes me very happy.
Since using the products I have had lovely smooth skin and not had any reactions to them at all. I would definitely recommend them for rosacea sufferers." - Danielle
"Sönd products have really given me hope that I don't need to use harsh, synthetic, chemical-laden products to improve my skin.
I really feel like my skin is on the road to recovery - and it's all thanks to Sönd!" - Colette
"From the very first time I tried the Sönd range I noticed a difference, my skin felt soft and hydrated and it immediately calmed the redness of my breakout.
Within the first week my skin cleared up and I was just left with the odd pimple." - Cathrine
Healthy Cells For healthy Skin
Our products look to create an alkaline environment for our cells allowing them to function at their best. Having healthy cells leads to healthy looking skin that is:
Increased Oxygen allows our cells to absorb more water.
Improved blood flow and helps skin to glow.
Increased cell regeneration produces fresher looking skin.
5 Amazing Products, 1 Simple Routine
5 products that provide you with a simple and quick routine.
"EILEEN, I HAVE AN IDEA..."
Markus loves health and Eileen loves skincare. Together they share a passion for healthy living, innovation and a really, really interesting challenge.
After working together for two years, Eileen knew that when Markus said he had an idea, it would be an extraordinary one. He had met with scientists in Germany, that had discovered incredible ingredients that were healing skin. Markus wanted to launch a skincare brand.
Two months later, after trying all the test products on her sensitive skin, Eileen had become obsessed with sharing these products with others. So that's what they set about doing.
Our products are look to improve the health of your skin, and use ingredients that minimise the chances of irritation or bad reactions.
our skin transformation packages
While you may see differences to your skin in a shorter space of time, we know that 6 weeks is when you'll really see the change in your skin.
With this in mind, we've created great value packages so that you can get the best results!